The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University
is one of America's oldest graduate schools of international relations. It opened its doors to the 21 members of the inaugural class in the fall of 1933. The School was born when Dr. Austin Barclay Fletcher, a member of Tufts' Class of 1876, donated $1 million towards establishing a school of law and diplomacy at what was then Tufts College.
For more than 85 years, The Fletcher School has worked to educate and prepare individuals for positions of national and international leadership and influence. It offers a broad professional education in international relations for students committed to maintaining the stability and prosperity of a complex, challenging, and increasingly global society.
The school's alumni network numbers over 9,500 in 160 countries, and includes ambassadors, diplomats, foreign ministers, high-ranking military officers, heads of nonprofit organizations, and corporate executives.